Real Food started out as a site that educates people about the benefits of a plant-based diet.
Since then we’ve expanded out scope considerably.
Because eating healthfully, as important as it is, is only the beginning of what it takes to survive and thrive in the 21st century.
The fact is that we are the most poisoned generation who have ever lived in the entire history of humanity and that problem is not only not going to go away, it is getting progressively worse.
- Pesticides and herbicides (like RoundUp) and adulterants like high fructose corn syrup and MSG saturate the food supply
- Toxic chemicals including known carcinogens and neurotoxins are included in many common everyday household cleaning and personal care products
- Shoddy construction techniques leading to mold contamination and indoor air pollution are problem in many homes and offices.
- The explosion of electronic devices, especially wireless ones, puts additional stress on our bodies
- The pharmaceutical and medical devices industries – with the support of Congress and the FDA – have become a literal dictatorship over the US medical and health care system pushing their expensive, ineffective, and often dangerous “solutions” over all others, distorting research, and in some cases actively attacking researchers who threaten their bottom line.
The human body has the capacity to deal with these assaults, but a clean diet is only the beginning of what is needed.
Doctors, for the most part, remain willfully ignorant about these issues and in some cases will aggressively mislead you about how serious these threats are.
The news media participates in this program of misinformation for the simple reason that they are entirely dependent on advertising revenue from the pharmaceutical, packaged food, home cleaning and personal care products and telecommunications industries for their survival.
You will NEVER learn the many things you need to know to protect your health from television or the rest of the corporate news media.
(When is the last time you watched a television program that did not include advertising for one or more of the following: drugs, junk food, cell phones, or home cleaning and personal care products?)
Our job is to scour the Internet to find useful, practical information you can use to create a life that protects you, mitigates and even reverses the damage from these sources and supports your body so that you can live the life you were designed to live: healthy, self-healing, vibrant, and independent throughout your entire lifespan.
– Ken McCarthy